Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Second Time In My Life An Old Lady's Thrown Something At Me At Work

The first time was while I worked at Taco Slave, and an elderly lady threw her little order number stand at me, apparently angry with the wait during the Sunday lunch rush.

This happened last November.


Me: *rings elderly lady up*

Her: Is there floss in there?

Me: ...Hmm, doesn't appear to be.

Her: I need floss.

Me: Alright, I can just suspend this while you go grab the floss you want, and then when you come back with it all I'll have to do is scan this and you can pay for it all together. *does that*

Her: No no no, I want to pay now.

Me: You want to pay for this now and pay for your floss separately?

Her: I pay now.

Me: Okay. *fussing with the suspension i just did, since it takes me a minute or two before the machine will even register the suspend you just did* I'm sorry, I just thought you meant you wanted to grab it and then pay--

Her: That was YOUR mistake.

Me: okay. that'll be [a little under $35]. here's your receipt. :D

Her: *wanders off, leaving her stuff in the middle of everything*

Me: Okaaay. *puts her stuff in her cart and pulls the cart over to one side where it's not blocking everything, and rings up next customers, a short line forms*

Her: *shows up with the floss and holds it out to me*

Me: I'm sorry, you're going to have to wait behind the next customers.

Her: But I paid!

Me: *wtf?* I didn't ring you up for the floss. I asked you if you wanted to pay for it in a separate transaction. Do you want me to ring you up when I'm done with these customers?

Her: No! *throws it at me, apparently aiming for my head, though it lands impotently on the counter, and stomps off with her cart*

Me: I guess not. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD *tosses the floss into the reshop basket*

Young Lady Next In Line, Buying Decorations With Her Husband / Boyfriend: Don't worry, I'm not going to throw anything at you.

Me: That's good. You'd probably actually hit me! :DDD


The funny thing, the young lady after the floss-throwing lady remembered me the other day in her line, almost more than four months later. She assured me she still wasn't going to throw anything at me.

No comments: